I can’t stress breakfast benefits enough! When you start your day with good nutrition it can only lead to a better day. Without a good breakfast, your body has no fuel to get goin’
Breakfast is always surrounded by silly excuse of lack of time. And still no one denies that fact that it is the most important meal of the day.
Think about it, breakfast comes after a break of 8 – 10 hours. Therefore your blood sugar level will be low. Since your body has gone with out food for such a long time, it needs nourishment to kick-start its day. That’s why breakfast is considered to be an important and essential meal of the day.
Breakfast Benefits For Old and Young
It is the key to jump start your muscles and your day.
Adults who eat a healthy breakfast daily are more likely to…
- Consume more vitamins and minerals; and less of fat and cholesterol
- Have increased strength and endurance
- Better concentration and productivity all day long
- Healthier control over weight
- Low cholesterol = no risk or little risk of heart disease
Children who eat breakfast are likely to…
- Have better concentration
- Increased problem-solving skills
- Improved eye-hand coordination
- Be more alert andcreative
- Are less likely to miss days of school
If you think skipping this meal will help you lose weight, think again. By passing over this meal, your body will go in the starvation mode and make you crave for snacks especially sweets. Impulsive snacking on unhealthy foods can lead to weight gain. So your plans to lose weight by skipping breakfast don’t happen.
Starting With Better Nutrition Leads To A Better Day
To get those breakfast benefits, try to choose healthy foods from at least two food groups each morning…
- Fruits & Vegetables – fresh is best, frozen is good
- Whole Grains – oatmeal, chia seeds, ground flaxseed, buckwheat, amaranth
- Dairy – yogurt, milk, kefir
- Proteins – whey powder, avocado, eggs, peanut butter, chicken breast
You can enjoy breakfast meals like…
- A glass of pure fruit juice or a smoothie made with fruit and vegetables
- Fresh fruit and yogurt
- Oatmeal made with milk
- A slice of whole grain toast with eggs and avocado
If you look forward to eating different kinds of healthy foods for breakfast, you are less like to skip this meal. If time is your hurdle, think about packing your breakfast or eating on the run, its better than skipping it altogether.
Do You Get Your Breakfast Benefits?
Do you have any breakfast recipes you’d like to share or are looking for? Feel free to reach out to me through the contact form on the right or on my Contact page. I’d be happy to speak with you.
And don’t forget, if you aren’t sure of what you are doing in the kitchen but want to eat healthy, you can sign up for my FREE Cooking Basics how-to-tips! You’ll get an email every week for an entire year. That’s 52 helpful kitchen tips! Everything from how to make the perfect fried egg to different ways to prepare vegetables and how to freeze those fruits & veggies you find at the market 🙂
Enjoy and Be Healthy!