I wish I had my own organic veggie patch. Unfortunately I didn’t inherit my grandfather’s green thumb, but I do admire those who have bountiful gardens. How nice it would be to be able to run outside and quickly grab whatever I needed from the garden to add to our meals.
Instead I go to my local farmers’ market 🙂
But if you have space for a few pots or even a small piece of land, it is a wise decision to grow your own organic vegetable garden.
7 Motives To Have Your Own Organic Veggie Patch
1. You know there will be no additives in your vegetables.
2. There will be no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers used.
3. Your vegetables will not be genetically modified. No GMOs. Antibiotics, drugs and hormones are used on vegetables to grow more and larger ones. One of the consequences of this practice are vegetables that look all the same and are usually tasteless.
4. Eating from your own organic veggie patch will be much more healthy for you. Your health will not be at risk because you will then know that nothing has been added to your vegetables. They will be much more natural than any ones you would find at the grocery store.
5. Your own organic vegetables will be tastier. The use of all those pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, hormones and antibiotics make vegetables grow unnaturally. It takes the taste away from them. With organic vegetables, your cooking will be enhanced as their flavor will shine through.
6. Organic farming is friendly to the environment. Because you won’t use pesticides or other equally harming products on your vegetables, you will not damage the soil or the air with the chemical components.
7. When you have your own organic veggie patch you are contributing to your own self-sustainability and the sustainability of the planet.
In the end, eating organic products only means that we do not add anything else to them than they would naturally have. To better care for your health, grown your own organic vegetables – and a few pots is all you need.
How is Your Organic Veggie Patch?
Do you have any favorite organic vegetable recipes you’d like to share or are looking for? Feel free to reach out to me through the contact form on the right or on my Contact page. I’d be happy to speak with you.
And don’t forget, if you aren’t sure of what you are doing in the kitchen but want to eat healthy, you can sign up for my FREE Cooking Basics how-to-tips! You’ll get an email every week for an entire year. That’s 52 helpful kitchen tips! Everything from how to make the perfect fried egg to different ways to prepare vegetables and how to freeze those fruits & veggies you find at the market 🙂
Enjoy and Be Healthy!