If you’ve been following me on Instagram or have checked out my recipes, you will see that I am a HUGE fan of smoothies! Quick and easy to make are just a couple of smoothie benefits I enjoy.
I absolutely LOVE having a smoothie for my work-day breakfast! 🙂
I use whatever fruit is in season, especially in the summer and fall. Kale and spinach are other favorite ingredients of mine. But the beauty of a smoothie is that you can pretty much use what you have on hand – carrots, broccoli, bananas, apples, pumpkin, walnuts, almonds, flax or chia seeds – practically anything!
Smoothies can be one of the best Fast Foods your body can enjoy. Everyone seems to be drinking them, but why are they so popular?
Here Are A Few Smoothie Benefits…
1. By choosing the right ingredients, a smoothie can be a great way to cleanse and detoxify your body. This help your general health.
2. Smoothies give you a real energy boost, not a fake caffeine kick.
3. They are quick and easy to prepare and are very mobile — you can take them with you while you commute, drink them on your way to work or while you run errands.
4. Fruit is packed with goodness, but it can be a real chore to eat as much of it as we should. So by drinking our fruit in a smoothie, we can consume plenty and do it quickly.
5. Kids really like them! It is a great way to give your kids nutritious fruits and vegetables that taste really good. Your kids probably won’t even realize how nutritious they are – they will suck those smoothies down so fast.
Create Your Own Smoothie
Now you know some of the reasons why smoothies are good for your health, it’s time to get started preparing your own.
Many people find that freezing their fruit before using it in a smoothie is a great way to get a thicker, cooler smoothie than you get by adding ice. If the fruit you plan to use is large, like watermelon, it may be best to chop it into smaller pieces before putting it in the freezer. Freeze the fruit on a plate or piece of aluminum foil, so the pieces don’t stick together and then transfer them to a clean container in the freezer for later use.
Remember too, that you can put vegetables in your smoothie mix as well, there’s no law that says it can only be made from fruit! And believe me you can make smoothies with vegetable ingredients that taste surprisingly good.
And don’t forget to boost your daily fiber by adding some whole grains to add more smoothie benefits! I like to add a 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats and a couple tablespoons of ground flax seed. But you could also add other whole grains like chia seeds, cooked quinoa, steel cut oats or wheat germ to name a few.
In the end, making the perfect, healthy smoothie is all up to you. And it is easier than you think! 🙂
I’m Looking For More Smoothie Recipes!
Do you have any favorite smoothie recipes you’d like to share or are looking for? What smoothie benefits to you get out of drinking them. I’d LOVE to hear from you!! Feel free to reach out to me through the contact form on the right or on my Contact page. I’d be happy to speak with you.
And don’t forget, if you aren’t sure of what you are doing in the kitchen but want to eat healthy, you can sign up for my FREE Cooking Basics how-to-tips! You’ll get an email every week for an entire year. That’s 52 helpful kitchen tips! Everything from how to make the perfect fried egg to different ways to prepare vegetables and how to freeze those fruits & veggies you find at the market 🙂
Enjoy and Be Healthy!