I’ve got 10 super easy ways to add whole grains to your diet! Every day, quick ways to eat healthy 🙂
That’s great news for those who want to add whole grains to their daily diet. Thanks to transformations in healthy meal planning and a growing number of products, it’s getting much easier!
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) recommends that we eat at least three servings of whole grains a day. But most adults are unaware that they should eat at least those three daily servings.
The majority of whole grain servings are eaten at breakfast, followed by snacks. We eat less whole grains at lunch time or dinner.
Fortunately, with a little creativity, it’s possible to add whole grains to your daily diet.
10 Super Easy Ways To Add Whole Grains To Your Diet
- Buy whole grain pasta or rice side dishes for dinner.
- Make risottos and pilafs with whole grains such as barley, brown rice, bulgur, millet, quinoa or sorghum.
- Enjoy whole grain salads like tabbouleh.
- Try whole grain breads. Kids especially like whole grain pita bread.
- Add half a cup of cooked wheat or rye berries, wild rice, brown rice, sorghum or barley to your favorite canned or home-made soup.
- Substitute half the white flour with whole-wheat flour in your regular recipes for cookies, muffins, quick breads and pancakes.
- Add half a cup of cooked bulgur, wild rice or barley to bread stuffing.
- Use whole corn meal for corn cakes, corn breads and corn muffins.
- Look for cereals made with grains such as kamut, buckwheat or grano.
- Snack on multigrain chips and crackers or air-popped popcorn.
Let’s Hear From You! How Do You Add Whole Grains To Your Diet?
Do you have any recipes using whole grains you’d like to share or are looking for? Feel free to reach out to me through the contact form on the right or on my Contact page. I’d be happy to speak with you.
And don’t forget, if you aren’t sure of what you are doing in the kitchen but want to eat healthy, you can sign up for my FREE Cooking Basics how-to-tips! You’ll get an email every week for an entire year. That’s 52 helpful kitchen tips! Everything from how to make the perfect fried egg to different ways to prepare vegetables and how to freeze those fruits & veggies you find at the market 🙂
Enjoy and Be Healthy!